Back-End Web Developer
We are seeking a Back-End Web Developer with familiarity in a variety of technologies who can join a growing development team. The ideal candidate has minimum 4 years of experience and can contribute immediately.
- Designing and creating service and system architecture for web-based projects.
- Typical projects are often (but not limited to) responsive consumer-facing websites. Our projects are generally interactive, interface with third-party services, and are built for long-term maintainability and scalability.
- Examples of websites built by Hoffman York developers include https://yamahaoutboards.com and https://home.wahl.com/
- Maintaining high standards of software quality within the team by following good practices, habits and contributing to the evolution of Hoffman York’s development process.
- Researching and evaluating a variety of software products and services in return providing recommendations.
- QA testing and resolving software issues as needed.
- Working with cross-functional teams to understand end-user requirements.
- Ability to balance and execute multiple concurrent projects.
- Assisting digital producers in the collection and documentation of work plans and estimates.
- Limited on-call availability in the event of an unexpected downtime to work with the rest of the team to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent work experience with a minimum of 4 years of experience as a Web Developer. Experience working in an agency environment is preferred.
The ideal candidate should not just be a team player, but someone who can grow to genuinely enjoy the company of the people they work with. We hope you are a new friend that we haven’t met yet!
- Experience with both ASP.NET and PHP preferred.
- Familiarity with building websites within Content Management Systems. Experience with WordPress, Drupal, and Kentico are a plus.
- Virtual development environments like Vagrant. Experience with provisioning systems like Ansible is a big plus.
- Version control systems such as Git.
- Motivation to work individually and as a team in a fast-paced, client-centric business environment.
- Ability to deliver quality work on-time and on-budget.
- Solid Linux/MacOS X command-line skills. Experience with Windows development environments and shell and Powershell scripting.
- Admin experience with MySQL, MS SQL, Apache, and IIS.
- Familiarity with Cloud Platforms such as Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure.
- Expertise with command-line scripting languages, PHP, C#, SQL required. Skill with HTML/CSS/JS and associated frameworks a big plus.