Seeking a Communication Coordinator with a Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations or related field, and 1 to 3 years of industry experience. Applicants should have a general understanding of earned and social media. The right team member will understand how to utilize their skills in a cross-discipline and strive for work that feeds the client’s strategy and overall business goal.
Main responsibilities will include research, writing and editing, reporting and merchandising campaign results, social media content writing and community management, assistance in managing influencer programs. In addition to excellent interpersonal skills, creative thinking, a strong work ethic and meticulous attention to detail, an understanding of Cision, Sprout Social and a proficiency in Excel, Power Point and all social media platforms are required.
The ideal candidate:
- Demonstrates understanding of and implements social media tools, including but not limited to social listening and influencer database
- Understands influencer marketing; assists in developing and executing multiple programs simultaneously
- Develops and executes flawless community management, following response grids, decision trees and content calendars
- Develops content, channel and social listening conversation audits in a timely fashion
- Has the ability to deliver campaign reporting and draw insights from data
- Understands the strategic role of social media and public relations within a larger campaign context
- Builds media lists for traditional outlets; identify and work with reporters; demonstrate network of traditional and online media contacts.
- Manages media coverage reports including clip tracking and compiling, as well as helping to identify merchandisable insights
- Writes, edits and proofreads materials ensuring quality and consistency with appropriate writing styles
- Provides team support by attending meetings on time, meeting deadlines, proactively troubleshoots problems and drafting error-free recaps
- BA/BS degree and 1 to 3 years of relevant PR/Social Media experience required. Agency experience is a plus.
- Extremely detail oriented and organized
- Knowledgeable on media coverage tracking, social media platforms, measurement, analytics and reporting
- A powerful writer with an understanding of PR/Journalistic best practices and content development
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Ability to think, plan and execute resourcefully across multiple tasks
- Well-spoken, well organized, detail-oriented and can operate with minimal supervision
Compensation & Benefits
We offer a fun, inclusive agency culture, competitive salary, travel perks, vacation, and comprehensive benefits package.
Under our Hybrid Remote Work Policy, qualifying employees will have the ability to work remotely up to 2 days each week (Monday-Friday) with the remaining days being worked in HY’s Milwaukee office. Employees will have the ability to choose which, if any, days they would like to work remote.
Hoffman York is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Who We Are
Hoffman York is a dynamic full-service agency with experience building brands across all channels and clients ranging from Fortune 200 companies to startups. We are one of the longest running, continuously operating, independent agencies in the U.S., calling Milwaukee home for more than 80 years. We believe in ROI or “Return on Ideas.” It means we provide more than creativity. We create results.