Content Art Director
We’re looking for a full-time Content Art Director to join our fun, creative and fast-paced agency located in the historic and vibrant Third Ward. This person will develop and oversee high-velocity social and digital creative for our agency and clients. Assignments in this exciting role will range from managing photo and video shoots in and outside of our in-house content studio to editing videos and designing social media graphics, app pages, contest visuals, infographics, GIFs and cinemagraphs. This person will have good design fundamentals and strong sensibility to design through typography, color, composition and brand identity as well as experience managing a team, video editing, illustration, motion graphics and stop-motion animation. The Content Art Director will report to the Director of Content.
The Content Art Director will produce a wide range of creative for social media, web pages, apps and more. For integrated programs, this person may also play a role in the design of campaign landing pages, online content hubs, web content and HTML emails. On any given day this person might:
- Manage and mentor content designers and content design interns and provide direction, review and approve designs, photography, and artwork developed by designers and interns
- Play a lead role in establishing the look and feel of social media content for social clients with supervision from creative director(s) where appropriate
- Generate creative ideas and concepts in tandem with the copywriter and produce sketches, storyboards, roughs to visualize ideas
- Bring new design ideas and techniques to the team and implement when and where appropriate
- Design for static and video content and apply postproduction as necessary, ensuring sizes and dimensions are to spec using multi-media tactics (videography, photography, motion)
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities
- Contribute to new business by leading social design strategy and executions
- Present social creative to clients and client service teams
- Work collaboratively with content teams to deliver accordingly to timelines, scopes and assignments
- Ensure accuracy of content, editorial consistency and brand positioning for all work
- Provide insights pre and post campaigns to ensure social creative is optimized for results and key takeaways can inform future campaigns
- Keep director and teams updated on project progress when appropriate
- Direct photo and video shoots, playing a critical role in establishing the vision and shot lists and managing execution
- Shoot photos and video content when necessary
- Ensure social campaigns and ongoing content adhere to brand standards while driving new and innovative thinking
- Align with creative team on integrated campaigns to ensure social extensions are consistent yet effective
- Work with account executives to ensure a streamlined creative approach
- Design e-blasts and landing pages and/or oversee design of these pieces
- Create and oversee development of web content, including but not limited to infographics, longer-form video and laying out content according to wireframes
- Assist creative team on ads and banners when necessary
- Optimize videos through composition, keyframing/animation, graphic layout, pacing, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, plus 3+ years of social media/digital design, motion graphics and video editing experience (agency experience a plus)
- Demonstrate competence via an online creative portfolio
- Ability to deliver high-velocity, high-impact social and digital content in fast-paced environment
- Understanding of social media design best practices, principles and usability with a passion for keeping up with digital and social design trends
- Well organized and detail-oriented
- Working knowledge of social media and digital design programs and software (e.g. Mac, Facebook Ads Manager, Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop and Premiere, After Effects, Final Cut, etc.)
- Photography/video production and editing experience
- Experience managing other designers and/or creative interns
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
We offer a fun, inclusive agency culture, competitive salary, travel perks, vacation, and comprehensive benefits package.
Hoffman York is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
WHO WE ARE
Hoffman York is a dynamic full-service agency with experience building brands across all channels and clients ranging from Fortune 200 companies to startups. We are one of the longest running, continuously operating, independent agencies in the U.S., calling Milwaukee home for more than 80 years. We believe in ROI or “Return on Ideas.” It means we provide more than creativity. We create results.