Data Visualization Analyst
Hoffman York is looking for a Data Visualization Analyst to join Hoffman York’s upbeat, analytical-minded, and problem-solving media team. This is an opportunity to accelerate your career by joining a thriving agency with access to extensively rich data sets, effectively supportive resources and comprehensively cutting-edge technology that rivals our industry peers. Your ability to collaborate with others to understand our clients’ challenges, foster ideas and turn insights into action will have an important impact on our clients’ successes. Our team works with dozens of successful brands including but not limited to Kohler, Montana Office of Tourism, Napoleon, The Outer Banks of North Carolina, the Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation and UW Madison’s Wisconsin School of Business.
Hoffman York’s Data Visualization Analyst will be responsible for meeting with senior, supervisor and director level team members in Hoffman York’s Media and Analytics Group to gather requests, investigate Google Analytics questions, connect data sources to Datorama and build visually interactive dashboards that meet the needs of the strategic media planning team and our clients.
- Develop rich interactive dashboard visualizations using Datorama (interactive reporting tool owned by Salesforce, similar to Tableau but built for ad agencies) integrating various reporting components from multiple data sources and API connections.
- Advise team members on dashboard development best practices while they are consulting on possible ways to illustrate results.
- Responsible for monitoring data feeds and troubleshooting connection issues.
- Assist with the tracking of our clients’ Google Analytics metrics and pulling out data points to support the success of the agency’s strategic efforts.
- Analyze data to establish baseline performance metrics.
- Flag and investigate discrepancies seen between multiple sources on a particular data set if discrepancies are outside of the normal variance.
- Train media planners how to use Google Analytics to improve their own self-reporting capabilities.
- Commitment to meet deadlines and time constraints in order for Hoffman York to stay on track with meeting our various clients’ expectations for reporting schedules and cadence.
- Undergraduate degree in applicable studies.
- 2-5 years post-graduate full-time experience as a Digital Analyst, Digital Advertising Specialist, Business Analytics Specialist, Dashboard Admin or similarly relevant position.
- Google Analytics certified. GA4 experience is a plus.
- Accelerated Microsoft Excel capabilities.
- Demonstrate examples of quickly comprehending and learning new technical tools and platforms.
- Highly skilled working with numbers and comprehending formulas.
- Excellent communication skills and confidence to meet with users at all levels of the organization.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with multiple tasks and changing priorities.
- Experience with any interactive-based data visualization or reporting tools (e.g., Datorama, Tableau, Google Data Studio, etc.) is a plus.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
We offer a fun, inclusive agency culture, competitive salary, travel perks, vacation and comprehensive benefits package.
Under our Hybrid Remote Work Policy, qualifying employees will have the ability to work remotely up to 2 days each week (Monday-Friday) with the remaining days being worked in HY's Milwaukee office. Employees will have the ability to choose which, if any, days they would like to work remote.
Hoffman York is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
WHO WE ARE
Hoffman York is a dynamic full-service agency with experience building brands across all channels and clients ranging from Fortune 200 companies to startups. We are one of the longest running, continuously operating, independent agencies in the U.S., calling Milwaukee home for more than 80 years. We believe in ROI or “Return on Ideas.” It means we provide more than creativity. We create results.
We follow best practices and protocols to ensure a clean and safe work environment for our employees who choose to work from our newly remodeled office located in Milwaukee’s bustling Third Ward. Hoffman York continues to keep our agency team members and clients connected virtually in ways that continue to provide our employees and clients success towards achieving their goals.