Full-Stack Web Developer
We are seeking a talented Full-Stack Web Developer with familiarity in a variety of technologies who can join a growing development team. The ideal candidate has minimum 6 years of experience, is a talented self-starter that takes ownership of projects seeing them from start to finish, the ability to see obstacles from every angle, and ability to work with the necessary department(s) to find a solution.
The duties and responsibilities of the Full-Stack Web Developer include but are not limited to:
- Designing and creating service and system architecture for web-based projects.
- Typical projects are often (but not limited to) mid to large-scale responsive consumer-facing websites. Our projects are generally interactive, interface with third-party services, and are built for long-term maintainability and scalability.
- Maintaining high standards of software quality within the team by following good practices, habits and contributing to the evolution of Hoffman York’s development process.
- Researching and evaluating a variety of software products and services in return providing recommendations.
- QA testing and resolving software issues as needed.
- Working with cross-functional teams to understand end-user requirements.
- Ability to balance and execute multiple concurrent projects.
- Assisting digital producers in the collection and documentation of work plans and estimates.
- Limited on-call availability in the event of unexpected downtime to work with the rest of the team to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent work experience with a minimum of 6 years of proven development experience creating web based, responsive applications. Experience working in an agency environment is preferred but not required.
The ideal candidate should not just be a team player but a self-starter that takes ownership of projects seeing them from start to finish, the ability to see obstacles from every angle, and ability to work with the necessary department(s) to resolve them.
- Excellent knowledge with at-least one back-end language and framework .NET and PHP, both would be preferred.
- Familiarity with building websites within Content Management Systems. Experience with Drupal, Magento, and Kentico are a plus.
- Virtual development environments like Vagrant. Experience with provisioning systems like Ansible is a big plus.
- Version control systems such as Git.
- Motivation to work individually and as a team in a fast-paced, client-centric business environment.
- Ability to deliver quality work on-time and on-budget.
- Solid Linux/MacOS X command-line skills. Experience with Windows development environments and shell and Powershell scripting.
- Admin experience with MySQL, MS SQL, Apache, and IIS.
- Familiarity with Cloud Platforms such as Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure.
- Expertise with command-line scripting languages, PHP, C#, SQL required.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
We offer a fun, inclusive agency culture, competitive salary, travel perks, vacation and comprehensive benefits package.
Hoffman York is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Hoffman York is a dynamic full-service agency with experience building brands across all channels and clients ranging from Fortune 200 companies to startups. We are one of the longest running, continuously operating, independent agencies in the U.S., calling Milwaukee home for more than 80 years. We believe in ROI or “Return on Ideas.” It means we provide more than creativity. We create results.
We follow best practices and protocols to ensure a clean and safe work environment for our employees who choose to work from our newly remodeled office located in Milwaukee’s bustling Third Ward. Hoffman York continues to keep our agency team members and clients connected virtually in ways that continue to provide our employees and clients success towards achieving their goals.