Hoffman York is looking for a Media Planner to join Hoffman York’s upbeat, analytical-minded, and problem-solving media team. This is an opportunity to accelerate your career by joining a thriving agency with access to extensively rich data sets, effectively supportive resources and comprehensively cutting-edge technology that rivals our industry peers. Your ability to collaborate with others to understand our clients’ challenges, foster ideas and turn insights into action will have an important impact on our clients’ successes. The HY Media team works with brands including but not limited to Kohler, Brand Montana, Napoleon, Wahl Clippers, Wildeck, the University of Wisconsin Madison’s School of Business and the WI Economic Development Corporation.
As an HY Media Planner, you will lead the execution and stewardship of media campaigns to ensure they deliver on strategy, on budget and on time.
Candidates must have at least 2+ years of work experience activating paid media campaigns and experience planning media schedules. Experience should include working with multiple media types and formats. To succeed in media, team members must have an ability to quickly grasp new technology and demonstrate success organizing information. All media positions entail multi-tasking and managing multiple projects in tandem in a fast-paced, client-oriented environment.
The Media Planner position will report directly to HY’s Associate Media Director(s) and either a Supervisor or Senior Planner.
While creativity is exemplified in how we use numbers, research, and data to tell a story, HY media professionals are not responsible for creative development (design, production, copywriting) or PR.
This is a full-time position based in Milwaukee. As part of our Hybrid Remote Worker Policy, employees work in our office located in Milwaukee’s Historic Third Ward at least three days a week and have the flexibility to choose to work from a remote place of work two days a week.
- Use research and data to target audiences, to recommend media that connects brands to customers throughout their decision journey and to set key performance indicators for success.
- Assist with preparing compelling plan presentations that tell a story and are backed with supportive rationale.
- Complete tasks related to planning, buying, and reporting on all forms of national and local media including but not limited to TV, video, radio, streaming audio, print, outdoor, native ads, social ads, paid search ads and other forms of digital.
- Write thoughtful, concise, well-organized emails, document summaries and Power Point presentations including visually clean Microsoft charts, graphs, and tables.
- Multi-task and manage multiple projects in tandem in a fast-paced, client-oriented environment.
- Foster partnerships with a wide range of media vendors. This includes evaluating proposal submissions, negotiating, clarifying details of the media buy, and ensuring buys are fulfilled as ordered.
- A keen eye measuring results and apply your curiosity to find new ways to optimize campaigns.
- Demonstrate hands-on knowledge of agency computer software and systems (e.g. Kantar, IMS-MRI/Simmons, Sizmek).
- Apply your experience with media buying platforms to manage media buys in HY’s self-serve buying platforms (e.g. Facebook/Instagram, Google, LinkedIn, TikTok, HY Trade Desk).
- Double check work for quality control and cross-check multiple data points to flag inconsistencies and irregularities.
- Approximately 2+ years of recent media strategy, investment and reporting experience with a focus on digital media in full-time positions that demonstrated the type of responsibilities listed above is required. Both on- and off-line media experience is an added plus.
- A degree in Advertising, Business, Analytics, or a related field is a plus.
- Certifications (e.g., Google Analytics, Google Ads, programmatic buying, Facebook) are a plus.
- Examples of adept use of media technology for planning, buying, and reporting.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Power Point, Word, Excel).
- Well-structured and grammatically-sound writing abilities for writing English-language emails, documents and presentations that are shared both internally and externally to employees, vendors, and clients.
- Positive references that suggest proactivity, comprehension, accuracy, and collaboration.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
We offer a fun, inclusive agency culture, competitive salary, travel perks, vacation, and comprehensive benefits package. Reach out to hear why Hoffman York was voted one of Milwaukee’s Best Places to Work for the past three consecutive years in a row! Hoffman York is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and celebrate diversity, equity, and inclusivity.
Who We Are
Hoffman York is a dynamic full-service agency with experience building brands across all channels and clients ranging from Fortune 200 companies to startups. We are one of the longest running, continuously operating, independent agencies in the U.S., calling Milwaukee home for more than 80 years. We believe in ROI or “Return on Ideas.” It means we provide more than creativity. We create results.