Working in collaboration with a team, the Media Planner is responsible for the planning of all media, in addition to research, development, and presentation of media plans. In this role, the Media Planner will have exposure to all stages of the campaign cycle and therefore, is expected to anticipate next steps in the campaign process.
The Media Planner will be a key go-to contact both internally and externally.
As part of Hoffman York’s upbeat, analytical minded and problem-solving media team, the Media Planner will work closely with Supervisors/Directors to construct insightful, forward-thinking and persuasive plan recommendations. On a day-to-day basis, the Media Planner will handle the activation of approved media schedules and help ensure that programs run as planned.
This position may have exposure to a variety of media types both traditional (TV, radio, print, outdoor) and digital (video, banners, native, search, social). The Media Planner may also oversee the work of Media Interns, Media Coordinators and/or Assistant Media Planners on an as needed basis.
- Strategize ways to effectively use media dollars to the greatest benefit for our clients
- Present media recommendations in a style and flow that tells a compelling story using strategic solutions and historic results
- Comprehend and analyze media trends
- Summarize information, tabulate and graph data within reporting presentations while calling out key takeaways from the results
- Evaluate the performance of campaign elements and proactively suggest optimizations for future campaigns to the team
- Use new technology with ease, including the agency’s specialized planning, buying, research and reporting tools
- Organize media schedules and communicate deadlines to internal teams
- Enter/reconcile buys in the agency’s billing system
- Pull digital pacing and verification reports from the agency’s digital platforms in order to monitor that digital programs are running as planned
- Ad trafficking, tagging and tracking
- Media vendor, departmental and potentially client correspondence
- Manage programmatic campaigns through the HY Trade Desk, Hoffman York’s internal demand-side buying technology platform (set-up, budget management, bid optimizations, frequency management, ad set etc.)
- Work within a DMP (Data Management Platform) to create audience segments and push to the HY Trade Desk buying platform
- Negotiate with strong rationale, persuasion and follow-through
- Mentor and oversee media interns
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2 ½ -5 years of experience in media planning/buying
- Excellent interpersonal and writing skills with the ability to build genuine client and vendor relationships also required
- Accuracy working with numbers, research or data
- Strong written communication and organization skills
- Able to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Familiarity with MS Office suite, particularly Microsoft Excel and Power Point
- Willingness to learn new technologies such as Sizmek, HY Trade Desk, Kantar and more