Hoffman York is looking for a Media Planner to join Hoffman York’s upbeat, analytical-minded, and problem-solving media team. This is an opportunity to accelerate your career by joining a thriving agency with access to extensively rich data sets, effectively supportive resources and comprehensively cutting-edge technology that rivals our industry peers. Your ability to collaborate with others to understand our clients’ challenges, foster ideas and turn insights into action will have an important impact on the success of clients such as Napoleon, Stanley Black and Decker, Wahl Clippers, Kohler, Wisconsin School of Business and Yamaha.
As an HY Media Planner, you will also lead the execution and stewardship of media campaigns to ensure they deliver on strategy, on budget and on time. You’ll also be one step ahead, thinking of great questions to ask other HYers and our clients to help our media campaigns integrate well with other facets of the marketing program.
This position will report directly to our Associate Media Director(s) and will have the support of Assistant Media Planners and Media Interns.
Please note that, while creativity is exemplified in how we use research and data to tell a story, HY media professionals are not responsible for the copywriting, design or production of the various creative assets handled by our creative department or public relations handled by our PR department.
Media Planners can take advantage of our HY Hybrid Remote Worker Policy which includes a mix of remote-office and in-office workdays. This is a full-time position based in Milwaukee.
- Use research and data to target audiences, to recommend media that connects brands to customers throughout their decision journey and to set key performance indicators for success.
- Review category, audience, and media research studies to pull out insights that help frame a discussion and a recommended media approach.
- Have a keen eye to measure results and apply your curiosity to find new ways to optimize campaigns.
- Plan, buy, tag, track, and report on all forms of national and local media including but not limited to TV, video, radio, streaming audio, print, outdoor, native ads, social ads, paid search ads and other forms of digital.
- Write thoughtful, concise, well-organized emails, document summaries and Power Point presentations including visually clean Microsoft charts, graphs, and tables.
- Multi-task and manage multiple projects in tandem in a fast-paced, client-oriented environment.
- Foster partnerships with a wide range of vendors including Milwaukee Business Journal, BuzzFeed, HGTV, NBC Sports and Meredith Publishing to name a few. This includes evaluating proposal submissions, negotiating, clarifying details of the media buy, and ensuring buys are fulfilled as ordered.
- Demonstrate hands-on knowledge of agency computer software and systems (e.g. Kantar, IMS-MRI/Simmons, Sizmek).
- Lean on your experience with media buying platforms to manage media buys in HY’s self-serve buying platforms (e.g. Facebook/Instagram, Google, LinkedIn, TikTok, HY Trade Desk).
- Activate your trading skills in the HY Trade Desk, our in-house demand-side and data-management-platform.
- Create integrated reporting dashboards in Datorama, the agency’s dashboard tool for real-time, integrated reporting.
- 2-4 recent years planning and buying a variety of digital media types (more than social) in full-time positions that demonstrated the type of responsibilities listed above.
- Experience also planning and buying TV, radio and outdoor is an added plus.
- Certifications (e.g. Google Analytics, Google Ads, programmatic buying, Facebook).
- Examples of adept use of media technology for planning, buying, and reporting.
- A university or college degree in Advertising, Business, Analytics, or a related field.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Power Point, Word, Excel).
- Well-structured and grammatically-sound writing abilities for writing English-language emails, documents and presentations that are shared both internally and externally to employees, vendors, and clients.
- Positive references that suggest proactivity, reliability, accuracy, and collaboration.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
We offer a fun, inclusive agency culture, competitive salary, travel perks, vacation, and comprehensive benefits package.
Hoffman York is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and celebrate diversity, equity, and inclusivity.
Hoffman York is a dynamic full-service agency with experience building brands across all channels and clients ranging from Fortune 200 companies to startups. We are one of the longest running, continuously operating, independent agencies in the U.S., calling Milwaukee home for more than 80 years. We believe in ROI or “Return on Ideas.” It means we provide more than creativity. We create results.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, qualified applicants should send a resume and cover letter to [email protected].