PR Account Executive
Seeking a PR Account Executive with a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field, and 2 to 4 years of industry experience. Applicants should have a strong understanding of the process needed to craft a compelling story that results in media coverage. From developing angles and writing press materials, to targeting and pitching media contacts, you’ll be a part of the process assisting Supervisors with any project needs. Client work can vary from travel, to men’s interest to pets, so an eagerness to learn and understand new categories is crucial. Main responsibilities will include research, writing and editing, reporting and merchandising campaign results, project management and managing interns. In addition to excellent interpersonal skills, creative thinking, a strong work ethic and meticulous attention to detail, an understanding of Cision and a proficiency in Excel, Power Point and all social media platforms are required. This position is full time and will be based in Milwaukee, WI.
- Assist in managing the logistics of contests, events, social influencer partnerships, and other campaign deliverables
- Write and edit a variety of media materials including press releases, media alerts, feature stories and blogs
- Manage projects of varying scopes, and work with different departments of the agency while staying within the timeline and budget
- Compile media lists with a knowledge of best practices for targeting appropriate contacts
- Manage media coverage reports including clip tracking and compiling, as well as helping to identify merchandisable insights
- Maintain and build media relationships with a knowledge of best practices for media pithing and request fulfillment
- Use PR management tools such as Cision suite of services and Burrelles
- Help develop and present client presentations
- Support intern recruitment efforts, including reviewing resumes, recommending candidates, and conducting pre-screening interviews; and overseeing intern on-boarding and work assignments
- Other duties as assigned
- BA/BS degree and 2 to 4 years of relevant PR experience required (agency experience is a plus)
- Extremely detail oriented and organized
- Knowledgeable on media coverage tracking, measurement, analytics and reporting
- A powerful writer with an understanding of PR/Journalistic best practices and content development
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Ability to think, plan and execute resourcefully across multiple tasks
- Well-spoken, well organized, detail-oriented and can operate with minimal supervision
- Familiarity with MS Office Suite of software.
- Willingness to learn new technologies.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
We offer a fun, inclusive agency culture, competitive salary, travel perks, vacation, and comprehensive benefits package.
Hoffman York is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
WHO WE ARE
Hoffman York is a dynamic full-service agency with experience building brands across all channels and clients ranging from Fortune 200 companies to startups. We are one of the longest running, continuously operating, independent agencies in the U.S., calling Milwaukee home for more than 80 years. We believe in ROI or “Return on Ideas.” It means we provide more than creativity. We create results.
We follow best practices and protocols to ensure a clean and safe work environment for our employees who choose to work from our newly remodeled office located in Milwaukee’s bustling Third Ward. Hoffman York continues to keep our agency team members and clients connected virtually in ways that continue to provide our employees and clients success towards achieving their goals.