Search Engine Marketing Specialist (Paid Search)
Who We Are
Hoffman York is a dynamic full-service agency with experience building brands across all channels and clients ranging from Fortune 200 companies to startups. We are one of the longest-running, continuously operating, independent agencies in the U.S., calling Milwaukee home for more than 80 years. We believe in ROI or “Return on Ideas.” It means we provide more than creativity. We create results.
We follow best practices and protocols to ensure a clean and safe work environment for our employees who choose to work from our newly remodeled office located in Milwaukee’s bustling Third Ward and we offer our employees the choice to work remotely from home. Hoffman York continues to keep our agency team members and clients connected virtually in ways that continue to provide our employees and clients success towards achieving their goals.
What We’re Looking For
The Search Engine Marketing Specialist will own all phases of the SEM program life cycle, from paid search strategy to recommendations, implementation, follow up and analysis. As subject matter experts in developing and executing paid search programs, our Search Specialists are a vital part of the Hoffman York Media team. We’re looking to grow our media and search team with a collaborative and experienced search specialist who loves to gather knowledge in the field by staying on top of the latest search trends and who has experience effectively implementing advanced paid search solutions.
This position is full-time and will be based in Milwaukee, WI.
- Build paid search programs from scratch including keyword discovery, structure, bid caps, conversion tracking, ad copy, site links, call outs and negative keywords.
- Assess impression share of voice and trends in search volume to recommend paid search budget levels and priorities
- Multi-task paid search responsibilities across several accounts and clients
- Forecast metric estimates with sound rationale and actively optimize programs to deliver to metric goals
- Provide ongoing, well-structured communication to media team members and clients
- Update reporting dashboards and presentations monthly, quarterly and annually which include populating search data as well as comments on observations, optimizations, insights and next steps
- Operate independently and in cross-functional teams in a fast-paced, client-centric business environment
- Deliver solutions on time and on budget
- Current Google Adwords certification updated within the past year
- Proficient in all aspects of paid search
- 3-10 years of recent experience being responsible for Google Adwords campaign builds, copy and management
- Experience working on behalf of clients, organizations or agencies
- Google Analytics experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Experience working in both B-to-C and B-to-B, as well as managing a variety of sizes of budgets and multiple brands simultaneously
- Proactive approach with focus on setting and following best practices
- Experience with the following platforms and functions are an added plus: Bing, Google Tag Manager
- Although not a requirement of this position, please indicate if you have any experience with:
- HubSpot or other email marketing platforms such as Salesforce, Mailchimp, Constant Contact, etc.
- Google Data Studio or other data dashboard visualization tools
- Paid social (Facebook/Instagram, Twitter, etc.) campaign set-up, activation and management
Compensation & Benefits
We offer a fun inclusive agency culture, competitive salary, vacation and comprehensive benefits package.
Hoffman York is an Equal Opportunity Employer.