Hoffman York is looking for a Search Engine Marketing Specialist to join Hoffman York’s upbeat, analytical-minded, and problem-solving media team. As part of our full-service media offering, Hoffman York’s clients rely on our team’s critical expertise and tools in search engine marketing. In this role, your skills will shine as you collaborate with others during planning, understand customer intent, and present ways to improve key performance indicators that will have an important impact on the success of leading brands including Stanley Black and Decker, Wahl Clippers, Kohler, The University of Wisconsin School of Business and more.
As an SEM Specialist, you will also lead the execution and stewardship of paid search campaigns to ensure they deliver on strategy, on budget and on time. Because Hoffman York offers omni-channel investment strategic consultation and buying services, our SEM Specialists gain a broader, more strategic, and bigger picture visibility into our client’s multi-faceted advertising programs.
This position will report directly to our Associate Media Director(s) and will have the support of Assistant Media Planners and Media Interns.
Please note that, while our SEM and SEO functions work hand and hand together, this SEM Specialist position is responsible for the paid activation side of search marketing.
This is a full-time position based in and out of Milwaukee with the opportunity to work from both our agency office and your remote office. We have office locations in Milwaukee, Wisconsin and Helena, Montana. Out-of-state candidates will also be considered for 100% remote employment.
- Own all phases of the SEM program life cycle, from paid search strategy to recommendations, implementation, follow up and analysis
- Build paid search programs from scratch including keyword discovery, structure, bid caps, conversion tracking, ad copy, site links, call outs and negative keywords.
- Assess impression share of voice and trends in search volume to recommend paid search budget levels and priorities
- Multi-task paid search responsibilities across several accounts and clients
- Forecast metric estimates with sound rationale and actively optimize programs to deliver to metric goals
- Provide ongoing, well-structured communication to media team members and clients
- Write well-constructed commentary including observations, optimizations, insights and actionable next steps on reporting dashboards and presentations monthly, quarterly, and annually
- Operate independently and in cross-functional teams in a fast-paced, client-centric business environment
- Deliver solutions on time and on budget
- Show your love for search marketing by proactively gathering knowledge in the field by independently staying on top of the latest search trends
- Google Ads certification (updated 2021)
- Google Analytics experience
- Proficient knowledge of all aspects of Google Ads and Bing Ads
- 3-8 years of recent experience being responsible for multiple Google Ads campaigns on behalf of other clients, organizations, or agencies
- Experience working in both B-to-C and B-to-B, as well as managing variety of sizes of budgets and multiple brands simultaneously
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Proactive approach with an attention to setting and following best practices
- Well-structured and grammatically-sound writing abilities for writing English-language emails, documents and presentations that are shared both internally and externally to employees and clients
- Positive references that suggest proactivity, reliability, accuracy, and collaboration
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
We offer a fun, inclusive agency culture, competitive salary, travel perks, vacation, and comprehensive benefits package.
Hoffman York is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
WHO WE ARE
Hoffman York is a dynamic full-service agency with experience building brands across all channels and clients ranging from Fortune 200 companies to startups. We are one of the longest running, continuously operating, independent agencies in the U.S., calling Milwaukee home for more than 80 years. We believe in ROI or “Return on Ideas.” It means we provide more than creativity. We create results.
We follow best practices and protocols to ensure a clean and safe work environment for our employees who choose to work from our newly remodeled office located in Milwaukee’s bustling Third Ward. Hoffman York continues to keep our agency team members and clients connected virtually in ways that continue to provide our employees and clients success towards achieving their goals.