Social Media Strategist
We’re growing our team and looking for a highly motivated, analytics-driven person who eats, sleeps and breathes social media. As a Social Media Strategist, you will use your experience, organization and passion for connecting brands with customers on a range of social media platforms for a variety of consumer clients ranging from boating and grooming to travel and leisure.
You will report to the Social Media Director and be responsible for managing clients and projects, including content calendars, communities, events and contests, campaigns, influencers, creative and paid social.
In this role, you will work closely with Coordinators and Interns, as well as other marketing departments and disciplines within the agency to ensure campaigns are strategically aligned, on time and on budget. You will also work with analytics tools and prepare metrics, tracking and activity reports.
The Social Media Strategist will manage projects across various social networks in a fast-paced environment with multiple national clients. On any given day this person might:
- Assist in developing strategic social plans and presentations for a variety of clients
- Manage paid social ads using Power Editor and other social ad platforms
- Create project metrics reports using social and website analytics tools
- Set up jobs in the accounting system and create and manage a budget spreadsheet
- Manage and edit content calendars and write and edit social media copy for status posts, ads, contests and more
- Check and respond to direct messages and post comments as part of ongoing community management
- Work collaboratively with the social media designer on the development of branded content (video, cinemagraphs, gifs, live-streams, infographics, short videos)
- Develop POVs on new social tools and technologies and provide recommendations for continuous improvement
- Manage contests using apps such as OfferPop and Woobox
- Partner with social influencers to promote a client’s brand/products
- Facilitate or manage a livestream event at an off-site location
- Work with other departments to integrate a campaign across disciplines
This position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or a related field with a minimum of three years of relevant social media experience. Agency experience is a plus. Other requirements include:
- Knowledge and experience with Facebook Power Editor and Ads Manager, Twitter Ads Manager, LinkedIn Campaign Manager, and other paid social media ad management platforms
- Proficient in using social media management, listening, reporting and analytics tools such as Facebook Insights, Simply Measured, Google Analytics, Crimson Hexagon, Sprout Social, Hootsuite
- Detail oriented, organized and excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Strong writing skills with an understanding of social media best practices and content development
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision