User Experience (UX) Copywriter/Content Strategist
We know they’re out there. The marketing world’s equivalent of the Jack-O-Lope, Big Foot, or Nessie. How do we know they exist? Because we’ve hired them. Really good UX Copywriters/Content Strategists don’t only live in marketing folklore. Do you have experience with the research and analytics component of user experience, along with the writing skills needed to persuade through the influence of words? If so, come out of hiding. We’d love to chat.
The day-to-day responsibilities of the UX Copywriter/Content Strategist position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Works collaboratively with cross-functional teams to evolve the user experience, develop content direction, and support the team through hands on writing, content audits, and SEO.
- Owns the development and execution of search and SEO. Defines search driven guidelines around page content. Focuses on SEO strategy including URL structure, meta descriptions, headings, schema markups, anchor texts etc., in order to create user driven content.
- Develops and evolves content standards, content and messaging strategies, SEO best practices and processes within the agency.
- Develops a framework and reports to systematically track and improve search performance for multiple clients at once through creative and meticulous use of language.
- Balances creativity and user-centered mindset with bottom-line thinking, always keeping your eye on the business goals.
- Applies UX content best practices and creates the tone and voice to engage users, drives user actions and creates an intuitive experience.
- Other duties as assigned
Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Advertising, Journalism, Creative Writing or the like with a minimum of 2 years of related experience. Experience with SEO and an understanding of how to write for both users and search engines at once is also required with working knowledge of leading Web Analytics and SEO tools. Must have organizational skills and flexibility to juggle multiple projects in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, along with strong communication skills and the ability to strike a balance between showing initiative and seeking appropriate guidance from others. A strong portfolio showing a variety of digital content (ideally UX and copywriting) is preferred with knowledge of Sketch, InDesign, Axure, or other similar tools for assisting in wireframe copy and specification documentation. The ability to review existing site content, structure and technology to provide optimization recommendation and track all details of initiatives is desired with a passion for staying current in a rapidly evolving environment and leveraging tools to gain a competitive edge.